2016年8月30日 星期二

on domain server find service How to Turn Off (Disable) Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) in ...

How to Turn Off (Disable) Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) in ...


We have a web service that is running slowly in production. In QA and UAT it is fine but those are housed at our corporate HQs. But production is in a data center in the cloud. I ran wireshark and found that it is making at least 6 calls to NBNS WPAD (each one timing out), each taking about 3/4 of a second making it very slow. I want to turn off WPAD since the environment is not configured to use it but it is still making the calls and just wasting time.
My platform is windows server 2008 r2 with IE9. I want to completely disable WPAD DNS queries (and NBNS queries). We don't use a proxy. We don't use DHCP. I want to stop WPAD but I haven't been successful. I have tried the following: 
1.disable "automatically detect settings" in IE
 2.disable "use automatic configuration script" in IE 
3.Checked that WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service is not running automatically, it is set to run manual so I think that should be ok. 
4.Executed "Netsh winhttp show proxy" which tells me Direct access (no proxy server).
What am I missing that needs to be turned off?


沒有留言:

張貼留言

注意:只有此網誌的成員可以留言。