2018年1月22日 星期一

mbssid guest-mode Cisco AP

Purpose of the "guest-mode" command

This question has been Answered.
Jason HarryMember 2 Star
    Hi Guys,

    Today I was configuring a 1131AG at a client using the CLI and I removed the "guest-mode" command that was under the SSID config mode. After doing this I noticed that the SSID wasn't being broadcast anymore. Putting back the command resulted in  the SSID being broadcast and me being able to connect to it. I did some research on Cisco's DocCD on the command which pretty much explains it but I'd still like an expert response so that I'm 100% sure. Also, the DocCD said that an access point can only have one SSID in guest-mode. My question here is, if this is true, how do you configure an AP to broadcast multiple SSID? I would have thought that you just create multiple SSID and put the guest-mode command under there which broadcast the beacons, but according to Cisco's documentation, there can only be one SSID in guest-mode per AP.

    "The access point can have one guest-mode SSID or none at all."


    Appreciate your responses.

    Jason.
    Pete Nugent
    Correct Answerby Pete Nugent on Jan 3, 2011 6:50 PM
    You are correct guest mode broadcasts the SSID and only one SSID can be in gueat mode.

    To broadcast multiple SSIDs use mbssid guest-mode on each SSID,

    沒有留言:

    張貼留言

    注意:只有此網誌的成員可以留言。